Translate

Friday, January 18, 2013

In the beginning. . .


Ilúvatar (the one) Created the Ainur as the offspring of his thought. Ilúvatar brought the Ainur together and showed them a theme, from which he bade them make a great music.


Okay, not really. Die-hard fantasy fans might recognize this as the beginning of the Silmarillion, the great  mythopoeic collection of middle-earth's history. While its true that we have no relation to middle earth, that fantasy and creation is exactly what i hope to strive for.


My goal is to create fantasy, sci-fi, adventures, all akin to the world building power of J.R.R. Tolkien himself. Will I be as good? As loved? Perhaps, only time will tell. Despite my academic dependencies, my goal is to create a blog that aspiring authors (And other authors) can come to too receive insight, Inspiration, dare I say visions and revelations on what they need to do! I have a very creative mind and all my ideas couldn't possibly be used in lifetime. I'll be sure to keep the best ideas to my self, but by all means. Welcome to my blog! There will be a new writing prompt at least once a week, and hopefully great goodies that will be posted throughout. Get to reading, get to writing, welcome to The Author's Sepulchre!


( Hey! interesting little tidbit- a Sepulchre [sepulchre or sepulcher], for those of you who don't know, is an ancient burial ground, tomb, or altar for religious purposes. I don't intend for this website to be a cult, rather a place people can come to achieve insight towards their writing. Insight is often received at Sepulchres.)


I in no way affiliate myself to any religion actively using Sepulchres.

Thanks to Merriam-Webster for being free enough to let me link to their site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment